Strip hair transplant In India
A particular type of donor region closure that is used in hair restoration surgery is referred to as trichophytic closure. It is a pioneering surgical technique that enables patients to have an almost imperceptible donor scar after Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) hair transplant has been performed. The trichophytic closure is an overlapping procedure that enables hair to grow straight through the donor scar which makes the donor scar practically invisible.
In FUT technique employing trichophytic closure, a strip of hair from the donor site is surgically excised from the scalp and then hair grafts are dissected from it. These hair grafts are then rooted onto the balding area. The donor site is then closed with the help of stitches or sutures.it leaves a scar, one must understand that this scar will not be visible unless the person shaves his head. The major disadvantage of this method is the poorer graft yield and a longer healing time while also having advantages such as it is much faster and cheaper than Follicular Unit Extraction method.
At Berkowits we can transplant upto 2000 hair grafts through Strip Surgery in a single day.
How FUT is performed?
- Follicular Unit Transplant- How it is performed?
- In Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT), the surgeon doesn’t shave off the entire donor area. Instead, only a little trimming of the area from which strip needs to be extracted. Under local anesthesia, the donor site is then numbed.
- The extracted strip of skin has multitude of hair grafts which are then dissected under high-resolution microscope by our expert technical staff for implantation. Before transplantation to the recipient site, these follicular units are well-preserved in saline solution maintained at the appropriate temperatures to ensure their good health.
- To implant the extracted grafts, the surgeon creates miniscule incisions in the recipient site at specific angles. Then our expert doctors carefully implant the follicular units into the incisions one by one with great care.
Advantage is that this technique is best employed for ordinary to extreme cases of hair loss as it enables a large number of hair grafts to be transplanted in a single sitting.
- Once separated, these follicular units are preserved in a special saline solution at the correct temperature waiting to be placed in the recipient area, which is the bald or thinning area on the scalp.
- The surgeon then first prepares recipient sites on the patient.
- The final step of the surgery is the follicular unit placement. The grafts are placed with due care and attention one by one with forceps by expert hair transplant technician.
Advantage of Strip method
In Follicular Unit Transplantation these small units allow the surgeon to safely transplant thousands of grafts in a single session, which maximizes the cosmetic impact of the procedure. The advantage of this method is that, a large number of follicle transplants can be performed in a single session but leaves a permanent linear scar.